Open RTB Integration for Advertisers
This documentation explains how Advertisers can integrate their platforms with ExoClick using the OpenRTB standard.
Bid Request/Response Specifications
The ExoClick RTB API strictly follows the OpenRTB v2.4 Specifications, but with a few limitations/requirements.
- Number of bids per request:
- For all ad formats - one bid per request only (One impression object)
- For Native Ads - multiple bids per request are supported
- The ad markup must respect the ExoClick XML Ad Markups
- Creative (ad markup) must be supplied directly in the bid response
- The currency of the bid price will be the currency of your ExoClick account (EUR or USD)
- The advertiser will need to provide a valid RTB URL, this can have any GET params that might be needed by the endpoint and must be able to receive our bid request through HTTP POST
Supported Ad Types and Price Models
|Ad format||Price model|
|Banner (Image and Iframe),Fullpage Interstitial (Image and Iframe) Popunder, In-Stream||CPM|
|Direct Link, Email Clicks||CPC and Smart CPC|
|Native, Push Notifications (192x192 and 720x480)||CPM and CPC|
Pricing model is defined in the bid response.
- One of the simplest and most effective ways of improving connection performance is to enable HTTP Persistent Connections, also known as Keep-Alive. This has a profound impact on overall performance by reducing connection management overhead as well as CPU utilization on both sides of the interface.
- The OpenRTB specifications do not cover security other than recommending plain HTTP for performance reasons. If you need to authorize ExoClick RTB requests, you may whitelist IP Networks.