This feature is for targeting specific users who have already shown some interest in your product or brand through your campaign, i.e. already visited your product page but haven’t completed the “action” (conversion, sale…) just yet. It can be enabled on Step 3 of your campaigns :
The goal of re-targeting is to keep your brand visible for these high potential users and bring them back to your website until they are ready to buy.
To use this feature correctly you need to use the tracking pixel constantly and take into consideration:
New users using for the first time our pixel to target ExoClick or external sources should run the campaign for 3 days before enabling RE-TARGETING.
Existing users that already have active ExoClick pixel and want to re-target users from ExoClick or external sources, can enable RE-TARGETING as soon as campaign is set up.
Each product is different, so to determine where you should re-target depends on the type of visitors you receive and to which page. You may want to create different groups of re-targeting campaigns. One group targeting the first page, such as the landing page, and another, targeting more frequent visitors like those who reached the payment page. In both cases, you should review the click through ratio and conversion rates. Just remember normally no more than 3-4 targeting goals are needed.
1. Re-targeting Options
When you re-target, you have to decide which users you want to reach
- IGNORE: You ask the system to not consider if the user reached that re-targeted page or not
- POSITIVE: You ask the system to target users who have reached that re-targeted page
- NEGATIVE: You ask the system to exclude users who have reached that re-targeted page
Examples of Re-targeting:
Note: The more goals you have better push down the conversions funnel you have.
- “Eg: If you set Goal 1 and Goal 2 to Positive Re-targeting this it will be classed as an "AND" operation. The system will target visitors whom reached any of the landing pages set for G1 and G2”
- Eg: If you set Goal 1 (landing), Goal 2 (sign up), Goal 3 (sale) you could apply Positive or Negative depending on your business strategies.
- Positive re-targeting on G1 or G2 but negative in G3
- G1 trying to move users forward to signup
- G2 trying to move users forward to a sale.
- You will only re-target those users that hit the LP or did the signup and discarding those ones that have already converted
- The difference between G1 & G2 is:
- Positive on G3 but only for the sale of another product.
- Cross-selling we want to keep those users that have already converted and offer them other products.
- Negative on G2 and G3 but positive on G1
- Only retargeting users that hit LP but didn’t do the signup either the sale. Trying to move them to G2 and eventually to G3.
2. Re-targeting and Bidding
As for all campaigns, the higher you bid, the more traffic you receive and your ads will be displayed higher in the ads rotation. We suggest to bid competitively to make sure to get the first impressions and to reach your retargeted visitors.
3. Re-targeting Benefit
One key success of re-targeting is when it’s more personalised in further steps, as an advertiser you could display a banner specifically created based on the visitors previous browsing behaviour that would result in finally convicing them to buy your product
You should test banners and landing pages directed at people who already know your product, presenting them with a special offer for example. Play with it and perform different tests.
4. Re-targeting with Mobile campaigns
5. ExoClick allows re-targeting of users who are accessing the advertiser Landing Page through different sources. How?
- When the visitors access the Landing Page the ExoClick Pixel must be embedded in the HTML either on the accessing page, signup or even in the payment page. In each occasion, the pixel will be fired dropping a different cookie depending on what action the visitor did.
- The user keeps navigating and eventually if access to one of the sites registered on our network, the cookie will identify the visitor and the ad zones on the site will be displaying ads from re-targeting campaigns, therefore the funnel will start and conversions will be assigned to those campaigns.
Everything depends on which goals you set and just for re-targeting campaigns. However, the system has no control if the user cleans browser cookies, navigates in incognito mode or may never access through our network .